WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES OF SLEEP APNEA?
Patients that have untreated Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) face dire health consequences!
Stress on Heart
- People with OSA have a 30% higher risk of heart attack and premature death
- OSA is the leading cause of secondary hypertension (high blood pressure)
- More than 50% of people with congestive heart failure have Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- 58% of people with cardiac arrhythmias have OSA
- People with OSA are 3-4 times more likely to have a stroke
- The risk of stroke is proportionate to the severity of OSA
- 48% of patients with Type 2 Diabetes have OSA
- 58% of of people age 59-99 with Type 2 Diabetes have OSA
- Up to 86% of obese patients with Type 2 Diabetes have OSA
Mood Disorders & Sexual Dysfunction
- Up to 36% of patients with clinical depression have OSA.
- Rates of PTSD and anxiety are also elevated in OSA patients
- 80% of middle aged men experience sexual dysfunction; OSA can impact testosterone production
- 46.5% of patients with mild OSA experience excessive sleepiness
- 58% of patients with severe OSA experience excessive sleepiness
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- People with OSA are 7x more likely to have a motor vehicle accident
Getting Started is Easy!
Sleep Apnea Screener
Over 90% of Americans suffering from obstructive sleep apnea go undiagnosed! Take our free sleep screener to see if you are likely to be affected.
Get Tested at Home
Skip the expensive and difficulty sleeping in a traditional in-lab sleep study with a comfortable and accurate home sleep test – taken in your own bed!
Get the Rest You Deserve
Treating your sleep apnea is crucial for getting you the sleep you deserve, every night!